Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Who woulda' thought...

When i got my calling to teach the Valiant 10 class in the primary back in July, i didn't think there was going to be anything to it. I kept thinking what a piece of cake it would be, but quickly realized what a huge learning experience it was going to be...

I know they look super sweet and like they are little angels, which they are, but the equation of any 12 kids under the age of 12 is quite a challenge to say the least...


This picture is definitely a more accurate account of how they really are. They are almost always crazy almost all of the time. However, this last Sunday was our Primary Program and it truly was the most moving one i have ever attended. Now i can't decide whether or not it's because i'm their teacher or what, but there were 5 times that i can remember tearing up and hoping they didn't turn around and see me...

This calling has really helped me, not only with my patience, but with my scripture reading and always trying to have the spirit to help me know what these kids need from me. For some, it's just a friend, or an adult that gives them attention and listens to what they have to say. It truly has been one of my biggest blessings this year and i know if i told them this they would think i was such a baby, and they may never know how much i appreciate them, but i truly do more than they'll ever know...

No comments: